I forgot how much I love to craft. Paper crafts have been my favorite since I was a kid. Some of my earliest memories are the smell and excitement of white Elmers paste and construction paper. It’s been a long time, too long, since my last craft project. So I decided I needed a Carfty Comeback!
This month I’ll be joining my girlfriends at our first friday get-togethers at our friend’s house. Our friend is also our
crack dealer Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. Every month we have project and card swaps. October is the most fun because we do our version of trick or treating with decorated candy. I am looking forward to it very much.
Lately my love has been paper medallions and boxes. I found a box tutorial on Pinterest for a very cute box. The pin lead me to ,a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in the UK, Pootles’ blog. She has a box tutorial for a box her sons designed. I took that box and added a paper medallion to it. I was inspired by the American Crafts pointed medallions used to make the Witches Vitamins treat jars on the Nest of Posies blog.
I love how they turned out and cannot wait to hand these out tomorrow night.
- Cardstock – Stampin’ Up: Basic Black, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Daffodil Delight, Razzleberry; American Crafts: Gray Glitter Cardstock
- Punches -Stampni’ Up: 1 3/3″ Scallop Circle, 1 1/4″ Circle, 3/4″ Circle, Banner Punch, Bitty Bat Punch
- Pattern Paper – Pebbles: Tricks and Treats; Digital Design Essentials: So Spooky (Digital Pattern Paper printed on Canon Matte Photo paper)
- Misc. Brads and Bling from dollar bin (Sorry I do not remember where I got them)
- Martha Stewart Score Board
It’s amazing how quickly a year can go by. After my dad passed away, I started working on a photobook. I found this title page today while looking for a picture of him to post.