This summer I am twitterpated and excited beyond belief to be participating in the Find Your Voice class at rukristin.com. It is a free eight week class that is all about embracing, finding and practicing with your storytelling voice. I’m excited to sharpen my story telling skills and see everything else the community is going to be doing. I will be sharing on facebook, flickr and twitter, (with the hashtag #findyourvoice) and in the comments at rukristin.com. Join the facebook group today and share the excitement with all your friends!
The workshop begins Monday, June 24th. Everyone who registers before the class begins will receive a special promo discount code to use in the Rukristin shop at rukristin.com/shop. Sign Up Here to Get Lessons Delivered to your Email Inbox: E-Mail Lessons to Me. Free workshop + a discount code = a great way to start your summer.
If you decide to follow along with posts on your own blog, be sure to add your URL to the participant link up page. Visit other blogs to find inspiration and to see what others are sharing.
- Each Monday morning lessons will be made available on the rukristin blog, in the Find Your Voice facebook group and sent out through email to those who opt-in to email lessons.
- Each week’s lesson will include thoughts on several topics pertaining to the theme of the week, a coordinating worksheet, and several creative prompts.
- There will be inspiration from contributing team members in each week’s pdf as well more inspiration as in a follow up blog post each Wednesday.
- This is a free class, so it will not cost you anything to participate. But, there are several ways that you can help support Find Your Voice. Hundreds of hours go into creating a workshop like this and Find Your Voice is proud to have some incredible sponsors as well as several great ways for you to show your support. For additional information on how to support Find Your Voice please scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Community is Key! The best part of big workshops like Find Your Voice is the amazing community that forms online. Use the hashtag #FindYourVoice when chatting about the workshop on twitter, instagram, or any other social media sites, and share and get inspiration in the facebook group.
- Look for the Find Your Voice schedule out early next week with Lesson Topics, Giveaways, Scheduled Chats and more!
I am playing catch up on my PL handbook. I am loving how this 3×4 “card” turned out. This is from when I was guest teacher for my friend’s little girl’s American Heritage Girls troop back in February. We are on our way to earning them their sewing badge. All that is left is to teach them how to sew a button and some machine sewing. I am so excited for the next session.
The word art is from Designer Digitals Ad Inspiration Freebie (9-1-12) by Katie Pertiet.
I love, love, love, love, love getting mail. I especially love getting pretty mail. I was excited when I ordered a couple of Project Life grab bags from Studio Calico Friday. They delivered yesterday afternoon in beautiful packaging. This was the quickest I’ve ever had anything deliver from Studio Calico. I felt like it was Christmas and I got “JUST WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED!” I shouldn’t have to buy any more journaling cards. But you and I both know that I will.
I was expecting more than just cards. But I am very happy. They are all beautiful and will fit perfectly into my SC Handbook. I’ve fallen completely in love with the geometric “here’s the story…” 4×6 card. I love it so much so, that it has solved my problem of not having a title page for my SC Handbook. The colors are soft and feminine. If I’m going to use this in my title page, then I MUST change the cover now, don’t I? I love the colors I originally used but the font I used turned my A into more of an H.
I undid all my heard work previously used to sew the original line art design. I spent about 30 minutes digging in my empbroidery floss box looking for the colors that matched the card. I then spent the evening recreating the line art design. I am so pleased with how it turned out. You too can create your own line art designs using the craft.tutsplus.com tutorial, found here, for inspiration.
My friend’s birthday is today and she is 4 days overdue. We are anxiously waiting her baby girl’s arrival. We loving call the baby Rockstar and threw Mommy a baby shower last month. While I wait for the baby, and pout I did not win the baby pool, I will share a few pictures of the decorations from the party. My Friend Maria made the amazing diaper cake. I ordered the amazing vanilla bean cupcakes from my friend, Tammy’, bakery/cakery. Hill Country Cakery makes some amazing cookies too!