It has been a while since a client sent me a gift of appreciation. Yesterday I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Today a personalized box of chocolates arrived. Both unexpected and greatly appreciated.
I try my best to provide excellent support to my clients. It is nice to receive an unexpected Thank You.
I am thankful to have Adobe Photoshop AND Illustrator on my computer. I tried out Illustrator for the first time today to create part of my Mini Album title page. I followed Deena Rutter’s tutorial on Manipulating Text in Illustrator and created the sticker. I am happy the way the image turned out but I’m second guessing the 2014 stamp. I may go back and replace with veneer alphas to match “Book of”. I love printing out my digi layouts myself. I love how the layouts print on Canon Matte Photo Paper using my Canon printer. I am still getting used to seeing a page with depth printing flat. Blows-my-mind!
I am not too happy the way the image uploaded. I tried so many ways and it still turned out blurry. Grrrrr. Hopefully it is just showing blurry on my computer. On my phone it seems it displays clearly.
I am excited to go through this year’s pictures to reflect on the year to give thanks for so many blessings in my life. It’s been a tough year. I am happy to have such great friends and family as my support system. I cannot wait to add them to my book.
- Digital Design Essentials: Colors and Wood paper from Grateful Heart Paper Pack (from bundle), Wood Veneer Alpha, Twenty Five (Stamped) Alpha
- Font: Bira
- Drop Shadow Styles: Mommyish Shadow Styles 93 & Gennifer Bursett Shadow Styles
I’ve seen a lot of people doing the 30 days of Thanks, or 30 Days of Thankful, using cute 4×4 albums. The concept is really cute but I have never been one to make a daily commitment to projects (like my many failed attempts at Project Life). Cathy Zielske even has a great product to print and help with the project. Cathy also has a FaceBook group you can join to get inspiration from others doing the project and support one another.
I’m starting a little later than most. I was worried about being behind on the 30 day project. Then I thought, why limit it to just 30 days? I decided to do my own take on the project using the same album many other people are using. I’m going to use the album to reflect on the past year and highlight all the things for which I am thankful.I recently purchased a kit from Digital Design Essentials that will work for this project.
Post a comment if you are interested in a tutorial for the prize ribbon technique I used for the rosette.
- Container Store: Lemon Herringbone Ribbon
- Martha Stewart cork shelf liner
- Stampin’ Up: Night of Navy Cardstock
- Little Yellow Bicycle: Wood Family Word Embellishments
- American Crafts: Zing! Opaque White Embossing Powder
- Studio Calico: Darling Dear, Wood Veneer, Alpha
- EK Success: Starburst punch
- We R Memory Keepers: 4×4 Mini Ring Album, Greige
- Stampin’ Up: Sizzix Bigz Die, Scallop Circle